Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 3

This week was on composition,
f/4.5, 1/2500, ISO 400
This is of my daughter and three of her friends during a break at a dance convention. It was at the Zermatt in Midway. Outside there was a giant chess set. The day was very cloudy and rainy.
f/18, 1/60, ISO 400
I wanted to try the implied motion with the water.
f/22, 1/50, ISO 400
I wanted to catch the ripples in the water, and the reflections of the sky and trees.
Extra Picture
f/11, 1/800, ISO 400
The Chess Set
f/4.8, 1/640, ISO 200
Just a quick question about this picture, how could I have made this picture brighter so that I could have got the girls in back to show more. It was a very cloudy day, would bringing up the ISO to 400?

3 comments:

Hans said...

Nice fun shots of the kids, Charrisse! Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Erica said...

Your ISO would have helped. Also, bumping up your exposure compensation would have done a lot. Maybe a full stop? :) Great shots, by the way.

djs said...

You could also spot meter the girls in the back and expose for them. I don't think the girls in the front would have been overexposed. And don't be afraid to use a flash outdoors!
Dawn Soper