Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Church in Poltava

We went to church on Sunday, it was wonderful to be with the saints. We tried to go last Sunday but they had moved the location. We went to the building that it was at last year and it wasn't there so I looked it up on the church website and found the address. It is a much nicer building than the last one but it doesn't have AC. We walked in the door and was greeted by the missionaries, they thought we were the new mission president, he was arriving soon. After we told them who we were and why we are in Poltava, some of the members recognized us from last year. The Pattee's, the senior couple, just left a couple of months ago. The cute young man that translated for us last year married the Sunday School teacher and is now the Branch President. The elders and sisters translated for us, they are so helpful. One of the sister's was talking to Bob that we need to take pictures of the children and encourage others to come and adopt. It is so difficult to adopt in the Poltava Region, I would have a hard time encouraging others. It was wonderful and I had my cup filled.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I wanted you to know that I'm reading your blog faithfully. Sometimes I don't comment, but I'm here at home cheering and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Court date?

Wendy said...

Nothing like the feel of being church! What was weird for me is I couldn't remember any of the English words to the hymns when they were singing in Russian!
Hope you get a court date soon!
I follow you faithfully too. I'm going to start just sending smiley faces :) so you know I've read! But knowing me, I'll make some long comment-like this one!
Love
W

ann said...

Glad to see you keeping up on the blog. I am just getting caught up on it. What a roller coaster AGAIN. Every situation is so different. Charisse e-mail me if you can and let me know about the package for Ruslan's family. We are also praying for you and hope all is going well. Love to hear about Poltava again. Ann