Sunday, July 13, 2008

Visiting Stephans Brother

Today July 10th we had to get up early we were traveling to visit Stephan's brother, Misha. We drove for 3 hours, Misha was working on farm machinery. When he walked out of the barn he surprised us. He is just a child himself, he is only 17. We had to have Misha write a letter saying that we could adopt him. It was very touching, I felt so sorry for Misha knowing that he will probably never see his younger brother again. Misha looked so sad as we drove away. Stephan was sitting next to me and I could see that he was close to tears. I looked at him and asked if he was ok. Next we had to go to Stephan's home town to have the minister there approve the separation of Stephan from his brother. Natasha was a little worried because the minister wanted to talk to us but all she asked us if we would let Stephan keep in contact with his brother. Then she asked Stephan if he wanted to be adopted by us and go to America. The minister congratulated us and we were on our way. We need to go back to pick up the papers on Tuesday.

2 comments:

The Rogers Family said...

I think I'm going to cry about Misha for a while. My boy's have a 17 year old brother that they have to leave too. It makes me so sad for them. But on a happier note, I'm glad the Nadiya has thought more about her chance for her future. That is hard to do at 12. Hats off to you and your piece of "luggage"husband. (that was hilarious by the way)
Please, if you can, and I know I speak for everyone. PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

ann said...

I want to see pictures also, especially of your new girl. Tell Ruslan hello for us and that we can't wait until we are over there. I am glad that everything is going well for you. Do you have to get permission from all the siblings or just the ones that are not over 18? Good luck this week. Love reading your blog! Did Ruslan get his package?